REMØY SHIPPING Objectives are:
To protect the environment from the impact of REMØY SHIPPING’s activities at sea, on land and in the air, by preventing pollution incidents and efficiently using resources to minimize adverse environmental consequences.
- REMØY SHIPPING AS overall long term goal is a shipping activity with no harmful environmental impact and no emissions to air nor sea.
To manage these objectives, it is our policy to:
Implement the REMØY SHIPPING Safety Integrated Management System (SIMS);
- Demonstrate clear commitment of senior management and personnel in compliance to the SIMS;
- Understand current and future customer needs;
- Fully comply with, or exceed, all applicable environmental legislation, regulations and rules and endeavour to apply complementary standards;
- Be prepared for a quick and efficient response in case of a pollution incident;
- Consider Environment as a top priority in our business decisions;
- Promote environmental-friendly technologies, materials, goods and services within the company and towards our stakeholders.
- Remøy Shipping will search continual improvement within its environmental objectives, and
will have a continuous focus on improved fuel efficiency and reduce emissions to air.
- Effectively communicate with employees, suppliers, regulators and customers regarding Environmental Management System Performance.
- Encourage participation throughout the organization to identify where we may improve our practices and achieve our Environmental Goals.
This policy is subject to annual review during Management meeting and in view of changing legal requirements, stakeholder’s expectations and company’s operations.
This policy is to be displayed on all vessels managed by REMØY SHIPPING, marine operations sites and in Shore-based locations and confirms our commitment towards environment.