Remøy Shipping’s Objectives are:
- To maintain a safe and healthy working environment for all employees, clients and contractors on board our vessels, during marine operations and in shore based locations.
- To consider Safety as a personal value.
- To advise Managers, including Masters and supervisors of their primary responsibility for providing and maintaining a working environment that is safe and without risks to health.
- To STOP business Operations when undertaken at the sacrifice of safety.
- To consider that all incidents are preventable and that a “zero accident” target is desirable and achievable.
To manage these objectives it is the policy of Remøy Shipping to:
- Implement the Remøy Shipping Safety Integrated Management System (SIMS)
- Demonstrate clear commitment of senior management and personnel in compliance to the Occupational Health and Safety System.
- Engage all personnel by understanding their responsibility, authority and accountability, to avoid risks to themselves and others, by working in a safe manner and adhering to prescribed safe working practices.
- Promote individual safe behaviours through a proactive culture of intervention.
- Promote the personal responsibility to report all unsafe and unhealthy activities which could lead to injury, illness, loss or damage so that they shall be investigated and corrected to maintain the high standards set by Remøy Shipping
- Provide the necessary training, induction and familiarization to enable all personnel to comply with the SIMS, including relevant international legislation and codes of practice affecting the workplace.
This policy is subject to annual review during Management meeting and in view of changing legal requirements, stakeholder’s expectations and company’s operations.
This policy is to be displayed on all vessels managed by Remøy Shipping, marine operations sites and in shore based locations and confirms our commitment towards health and safety.