his policy defines the overall goals and expectations for information security within Remøy Shipping AS.
The objective of information security is to ensure the business continuity of Remøy Shipping AS, and to minimize the risk of damage by preventing security incidents and reducing their potential impact.
This policy’s goal is to protect the organization’s informational assets against all internal, external, deliberate or accidental threats.
This Information Security Policy ensures that;
- Information will be protected against any unauthorized access
- Confidentiality of information will be assured
- Integrity of information will be maintained
- Availability of information for business processes will be maintained
- Privacy of information will be maintained
- Legislative and regulatory requirements will be met
- Business continuity plans will be developed, maintained and tested
- Information security training will be available for all employees
- All actual or suspected information security breaches will be reported to the Information Security Manager and will be thoroughly investigated
- Procedures and guidelines exist to support this policy, including virus/malware control measures, password routines, IT technical security measures, and continuity plans.
- Business requirements for availability of information and systems will be met.
- The Information Security Manager is responsible for maintaining the policy and providing support and advice during its implementation.
- All managers are directly responsible for implementing the policy and ensuring staff compliance in their respective departments.
- Compliance with the Information Security Policy is mandatory. In other words, information security is everyone’s responsibility.
This policy is subject to annual review during Management meeting and in view of changing legal requirements, stakeholder’s expectations and company’s operations.
This policy is to be displayed on all REMØY SHIPPING vessels, marine operations and in Shore based locations and confirms our commitment towards equal opportunities.